Monday 19 November 2018

Quick Share: Podcast Episodes To Check Out - Mr Darcy's Earnings? Changing Prisons?


Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well!
I've recently been enjoying a number of podcasts, and there are some episodes I just quickly wanted to share with you all.
1. How rich was Jane Austen's Mr Darcy? 

This podcast episode is presented by BBC Radio 4 More or Less and is only about 8 minutes long so
it will be a quick listen. It puts into perspective how much Mr Darcy would be earning in today's money. The figures that they revealed left me in shock, it was far from what I had been expecting.

You can listen to the podcast episode on this link here, or type into your podcast app 'More or Less Mr Darcy' and it should come up.

I would love to know if anyone else is as shocked as I am about the figures!

2. How to make prisons more humane.

This podcast episode is presented by Future Perfect and is about 23 minutes long. It would be ideal to
listen to during your commute to work/school or while you're doing some chores around the house.

The episode gives you a lot of food for thought by exploring the current US prison system. It presents the stark contrast between the prisons in Norway with that in the US, and opens your eyes to how certain changes to prisons can have a positive impact. Recently I've read quite a few articles regarding the issues faced by UK prisons, which in turn really highlighted the importance of what is being discussed in this podcast episode.

If you are interested in the prison system and ways to potentially bring changes to it, I would highly recommend this episode, or if you just want to learn something new this episode will definitely deliver. You can listen on this link here, or type the title of the episode into your podcast app.

Have you been listening to anything interesting lately, I would love to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.