Friday 6 October 2017

Book Blogger Hop - (October 6th - 12th) #9


This Week's Question:

Both Bram Stoker's Dracula and Marry Shelley's Frankenstein are considered classics. Have you ever read either of them? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

My Answer:

I haven't read either book, but they have both come highly recommended to me from friends. For a long time I avoided reading classics, only quite recently I've started to pick them up, and I've even been enjoying them (sometimes I can't believe what I've been missing out on!)

I think part of the reason I avoided classics for so long would be because of the fact many of them were books that were assigned to read at school and for exams, and in some way that took the fun out of reading classics for me. But thankfully that has changed, and I no longer shy away from reading them, so I will definitely be checking out Dracula or Frankenstein - at this moment in time I am swaying towards Frankenstein!



13 comments:

  1. I've read Dracula. I want to read Frankenstein but I'm not convinced it'll be my type of book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't normally consider either my type of book but I won't know till I try I guess! Thank you for stopping by Nicola!

      Delete
  2. I always hated assigned reading in school too. I think I mostly took issue with being told what to read and when because I may have some issues with authority.

    I hope if/when you do read Dracula and/or Frankenstein that you enjoy them. And have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, and at that age there were other authors and genres I was far more interested in so assigned reading was sort of off-putting. Thank you for stopping by Katie :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Dracula yet either. Let's hope we both read Frankenstein and Dracula this month!

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hopefully we can both do that! Thank you for stopping by Ronyell :)

      Delete
  4. I am actually listening to Dracula this month and I am really enjoying it so far. Have a great week, and here is my blog hop for this week.

    http://katisbookaholicramblingreviews.blogspot.com/2017/10/book-blogger-hop-60.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you gave a great week too, and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. That's great that you're getting into the classics more. There are so many awesome 18th and 19th century works out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm giving them a try too. With some classics I can't quite believe I nearly missed out on reading them. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read either them. I like reading the classics, and a few years ago I was on a big classics binge, but now, not so much. I may try these ones one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually kind of on that classics binge this year and I've enjoyed the ones I've read so far. I hope to try one of these too! Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I feel the same way about classics! It's never fun to be forced to read something.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.