Monday 18 June 2012

Review of The Journey of John and Julia in Chapter One Genesis by Aurelia


Book Title: The Journey of John and Julia in Chapter One Genesis
Author: Aurelia
Publisher: Gerber Rigler  
Publication Date: June 29, 2012


Synopsis

The Journeys of John and Julia begin. 
The Twenty-Two are watching. 
Reality is about to change.
It all starts when Julia’s parents totally mess with her summer. First Julia’s dad takes off to start a whole new family. Then Julia’s mom yanks Julia from cheerleader camp to spend the summer with her grandmother in the land of no signal, no mall, no best friend Kellie. Julia’s only hope for human contact is geeky John Freeman, who is six months younger than she and about a million years behind her idea of cool. If only Julia knew that her mom plans to dump her at Grandma’s not just for the summer, but for a whole year. If only Julia knew that a collective of wondrous beings called The Twenty- Two are watching over her and trying to make contact. If only Julia knew that they could tell Julia every thought she never knew she had and bend her reality in any way they choose. And that she’d be with John Freeman when it happened. He’d think that was way cool. And that is just the beginning. For this seemingly mismatched pair have cracked open the door to another reality. And their enemy-to-be, the beyond evil Niem Vidalgo Oten, is about to enter the picture.


Favourite Quote

“the meaning of life for me at this point is simply being on a journey to find all the reasons why it is worthwhile to bother and then do! Sort of finding my dream.

Word To Describe The Book

Meaningful

My Thoughts

THE JOURNEY OF JOHN AND JULIA IN CHAPTER ONE GENESIS was definitely an adventurous read and in many ways a magical experience with a meaningful message.

One thing that is clearly vivid while you read the book is that it has been beautifully written, it allows you to create a new world in your mind and gives you the opportunity to really get into the core and depth of the characters.

As I began reading I was actually suprised by the whole new concept the book brought forth, the idea of having omniscient-like characters who had a lot of power presented an immediate sense of mystery and interest, did I like it? Yes, but there were points it took me a while to adjust to the setting and get myself back on track with what they were doing or trying to achieve.
  
What I liked most by far was the character creation and development, the author brought to life characters with their distinguished personalities which really stuck through the book. As the book progresses you see a magical change in some characters specifically Julia's even though at the start I wasn't very favourable towards her character. There is constant POV changes which threw me off for a bit but then you start to realise you're able to receive a better insight into the characters emotions and feelings.

The book was extremely meaningful and really exemplified aspects behind life which is really highlighted towards the end and is an eye opener. I recommend you give the book a shot and I think any further books will also hold great adventures.


Rating:
★★★


Buy The Book:
Amazon Kindle
Amazon Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.