Monday 16 April 2012

Review of Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver



Publication Date: February 28, 2012
        Page Count: 448            

Synopsis:
Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Favourite Quote:
“Grief is like sinking, like being buried. I am in water the tawny color of kicked-up dirt. Every breath is full of choking. There is nothing to hold on to, no sides, no way to claw myself up. There is nothing to do but let go.
Let go. Feel the weight all around you, feel the squeezing of your lungs, the slow, low pressure. Let yourself go deeper. There is nothing but bottom. There is nothing but the taste of metal, and the echoes of old things, and days that look like darkness.” 

Words to Describe Book:
Mind Blowing
My Thoughts:
In this review I will try my best to do 2 thing:
1. I will try my best to keep this review spoiler free.
2. I will also do my best to not have a breakdown and let myself get carried away with crying which will prevent me from writing a decent review.
Lauren Oliver has sincerely pulled off another extroadinary book, this one was far more adventurous, wild, heartbreaking then Delirium. There is still the constant beauty of writing throughout and it continues to haul me into Lena's world as a reader.

In this book Lena is faced with more challenges, she is torn between her past and the future, many new characters are introduced all of whom I really came to love but would have loved to found out more about their backgrounds, out of the whole book two characters which really build themselves in this book are Julian and Raven, you truly get a feel of their backstory and personalities which the author does a great job of doing.
One big change is the main character Lena. She has changed slowly over a process and has been reborn, stronger and harder. Lena has changed for the better and is not the same person she is not the girl who you came to love and know in Delirium. Her character evolved throughout Pandemonuim and the stages are swift which flows well within the book.

Another different but interesting aspect of Pandemonium is the layout, the book is written in two different time lapses switching back and forth, the events that are happening in the 'now' and the events that took place 'then'. I really liked the new style because it offered an insight into a different parts of Lena's life and created a sense of anticipation which was gripping me throughout. Pandemonium is truly more action based then Delirium which is both thrilling and exciting, the starting immediately grabs your attention unlike Delirium which I felt had a slow start.

I did expect a cruel cliffhanger and I was left with exactly that, I can say I thouroughly enjoyed it, well MORE then enjoyed it! Lauren Oliver did another amazing job with this book and I am definitely planning on reading Requiem!

If you have an e-reader you might also want to check out the book Hana: A Delirium short story!
(Link here)

You can buy Pandemonium on Amazon here!

Rating: 5 STARS!

Would love to know what you thought of either the review or how you found the book if you've read it!

Tasnin x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.