Friday 13 July 2012

TGIF #8 {Swoon worthy quotes}


TGIF is a weekly feature
created and hosted by the awesome Ginger at GReads
that re-caps the week’s posts and
has a different question each week.


This Friday's Question:

Quotes That Make You Swoon: What are some of the most swoon-worthy quotes you've experienced in a book?

Okay, I could give you a mountain of quotes if I wanted to but I'm going to try my best to compile a list of quotes that include my favourite books, they may not all be swoon worthy so you'll have to get through the list to find some swoon worthy ones!

“But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you.”
-Patch, Hush Hush

“Tucker: Why would you tell me now if it's against the rules?
Clara: Because I love you.”
- Unearthly

“I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.”
― Adam, If I Stay



“Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal”
― Mia, If I Stay


"I'll never forget the way he tastes, It is not anything I can describe, a little sweet and a whole lot of spice, and it feels, in that moment, absolutely right"
― Clara, Hallowed


“I need him to know that I came for him. I need him to know that somehow, at some point in the tunnels, I began to love him.” 
― Lena, Pandemonium


“What does it feel like to be infected?"

"I-- I can't describe it." I force the words out. Can't breathe, can't breathe, can't breathe. His skin smells like smoke from a wood fire, like soap, like heaven. I imagine tasting his skin; I imagine biting his lips. 
"I want to know." His words are a whisper, barely audible. "I want to know with you.” 

- Pandemonium, Lauren Oliver


Cal: “So that is how I feel about you. Now. Could you put the pen down and kiss me, please?”
And suddenly, I find that I can.
Because my heart has become filled with something. Something I can’t really describe.
Except that it feels like bianco frizzante.
- Every Boy's Got One, Meg Cabot

“Spanish, huh?" he said, glancing down at the scattered papers as he grabbed them. "Can you say anything interesting?"

"El tono de tu voz hace que queria estrangularme." I stood up and waited for him to hand over my papers.
"That sounds sexy," he said, getting to his feet and handing me the stack of Spanish work he'd swept together. "What's it mean?"
"The sound of your voice makes me want to strangle myself."
"Kinky.” 

- The Duff, Kody Keplinger

Wesley Rush doesn't chase girls, but I'm chasing you.” 
- The Duff, Kody Keplinger

“I'm not with Rob," I say quickly. "Not anymore." 

"You're not?" He's staring at me so intensely I can see the stripes of gold alternating with the green in his eyes like spokes of a wheel.
I shake my head.
"That's a good thing." He's still staring at me like that, like he's the first and last person who will ever stare at me.
"Because..." His voice trails off, and his eyes travel slowly down to my lips, and there's so much heat roaring through
my body I swear I'm going to pass out.
"Because?" I prompt him, surprised I can still speak.
"Because I'm sorry, but I can't help it, and I really need to kiss you right now.”

- Before I fall, Lauren Oliver

Leave your link in the comments because I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to read your swoon worthy quotes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.