The Fairy Metal Thunder Read-Along & Scavenger Hunt is hosted by Missie from The Unread Reader, Kelly from Reading the Paranormal, Tina from Tina’s Book Reviews, and Jen from In the Closet With a Bibliophile.
This is the first read along I've ever done, the idea of it is rather intriguing and exciting, well who wouldn't get excited at the chance to read a book together with other bloggers! AND reading a book about fairies and bands is even more fun filled!
1. At the beginning of the story, the Assorted Zebras are just a garage band, but they are expecting to make it big. Who knows, you just might find yourself at one of their concerts someday. Until then, show me your favorite concert t-shirt. It could be a picture of a concert you actually attended or a pic of a vintage tee of your favourite band. Be sure to tell me the story behind the tee.
I actually haven't been to a concert of one of my favourite bands, I know right, shocker? Maybe one day! I love music and have a few favourite bands, Paramore are one of my all time favourites followed up by You Me At Six! I've actually got a long list of bands that I love but those two are at the top. I found some tees that are super awesome and I want my hands on one.
|Buy at firebrandstore.com|
|You Me At Six concert|
2. Jason’s mom forces him to agree to do some yard work for Mrs. Dullahan, which wouldn’t be so bad if she wasn’t rumored to be a witch. Tell me about the worst chore you were ever forced to do. Who make you do it? Bonus points if you have a picture to share of you doing the dirty work.
I'm a lazy person when it comes to cleaning up but I do find it rather calming and relaxing sometimes, people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them, maybe I am crazy? The worst chore has to be something to do with the toilet, it's not like it's super dirty or anything, I get this STAY AWAY FROM CLEANING THE TOILET IT'S DISGUSTING vibe all the time, so I always manage to steer clear of it and make someone else to do it!
3. Uh oh! There seems to be a jewellery thief in the neighborhood. Have you have had anything stolen from you? Or have you ever lost something precious? Did you ever find it? Make a Reward if Found poster for the stolen or lost item. Convince us to find it for you. Make the reward good!
SILVER BRACELET WITH STRAWBERRIES ON IT!REWARD:- UNLIMITED AMOUNTS OF STRAWBERRIES- LIFETIME SUPPLY OF CHOCOLATE- ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY ANY BOOK- TICKETS TO ANY FICTIONAL WORLD- CHANCE TO SPEND A DAY WITH ANY FICTIONAL CHARACTER OF YOUR CHOICEIf found please return to Tasnin @ The Wild Reader to claim your reward!
4. In Faerie, Jason declares himself as Jason the Guy Who Wants That Necklace Back. Weird, but then again every name has a meaning. What does your name mean? What is the origin? Do you go by any kind of nicknames? How did you get that nickname?
My name Tasnin has an Arabic origin to it, it's closest meaning is a 'fountain in paradise'. I have one specific nickname which everyone seems to call me by which is Taz which is nothing really special, actually sort of common.
5. When Jason gets home from his all night adventures through Fairy, his parents unfairly ground him for a month! Care to share a time you were grounded by your parents for no good reason?
I've actually NEVER been grounded! WOHOO! Being a good girl definitely has it's upside. The most I'd gotten in trouble was probably being lectured for a few hours and then it all sort of died down after a while! High fives to all the good girls out there!
More next Friday, why don't you go pick up the book Fairy Metal Thunder before next Friday!