Friday 7 September 2012

Review: One Moment by Kristina McBride

Book Title: One Moment
Author: Kristina McBride
Publisher: Egmont USA
Publication Date: June 26, 2012
Page Count: 272
Buy The Book: Amazon | Barnes and Noble |



Synopsis

This was supposed to be the best summer of Maggie’s life. Now it’s the one she’d do anything to forget.
Maggie remembers hanging out at the gorge with her closest friends after a blowout party. She remembers climbing the trail with her perfect boyfriend, Joey. She remembers that last kiss, soft, lingering, and meant to reassure her. So why can’t she remember what happened in the moment before they were supposed to dive? Why was she left cowering at the top of the cliff, while Joey floated in the water below–dead?

As Maggie’s memories return in snatches, nothing seems to make sense. Why was Joey acting so strangely at the party? Where did he go after taking her home? And if Joey was keeping these secrets, what else was he hiding?



Favourite Quote

“What if it's as simple as one moment? One tiny thing, like that kiss on the rocks? What if I'd kissed him a little longer? Would he be alive right now? Or what if I'd stayed with him Friday night, what if I'd been with him… wherever he was?” 

Words To Describe The Book

Raw

My Thoughts

ONE MOMENT is a light and beautifully written book that keeps you hooked but also puts into perspective the emotions and feelings of losing someone.

I wasn't sure what to expect as I began reading, ONE  MOMENT brings a new twist to many books I've read that similarly go through a loss of a loved one. The author does a great job highlighting the strong feelings of friendship and love and how a single loss can affect all these different parts of a person's life.

ONE MOMENT presents the struggle of losing someone that you think you know so well but than having your world turned upside down and realising you don't know them at all. The book throws in a mystery and slowly unravels the story which grips the reader because of the overwhelming emotions which I could really feel as a reader.

The author creates a tight knit group of friends, you really get a feel and sense each of the characters and you can see individuality emerge in a few of them. I would have loved to have known more about some of the characters but I was glad you got to really explore certain characters and really get a gist of what sort of people they were. At one point everything seems to be falling apart, you feel all these raw emotions which is so well penned down by the author.

There are so many strong feelings throughout but as you get to the end you're left with this light feeling, the ending was beautiful and refreshing, you begin to see the start of new paths and you can't help but be happy too.

Rating: 
4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.