Tuesday 10 July 2012

What I am currently reading? #1 (One Breath Away & Where She Went)

My TBR list is forever growing so I'm never lost for a book. But now that I'm going to be on break soon for the summer I can get through my pile quicker. At the moment I'm reading:

One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf (ARC via Netgalley)


Officer Meg Barrett holds the responsibility for the town's children in her hands. Will Thwaite, reluctantly entrusted with the care of his two grandchildren by the daughter who left home years earlier, stands by helplessly and wonders if he has failed his child again. Trapped in her classroom, Evelyn Oliver watches for an opportunity to rescue the children in her care. And thirteen-year-old Augie Baker, already struggling with the aftermath of a terrible accident that has has brought her to Broken Branch, will risk her own safety to protect her little brother.


As tension mounts with each passing minute, the hidden fears and grudges of the small town are revealed as the people of Broken Branch race to uncover the identity of the stranger who holds their children hostage.

I've only just began the book and it definitely already has me on my feet. The book throws you into the deep end straight from the start.

Where She Went by Gayle Forman (If I Stay #2)

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

I'm halfway through the book and it's already tugging at my emotions, the mood of the book is absolutely different to the first book. Furthermore it's told in Adam's point of view so you get an insight into his life which is very different to Mia's. It's great yo be able to see Mia through someone else's eyes and how much she has changed after the accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.